SHOEBOX offers a safe and effective way to offer hearing testings services while remaining physically distant. In the clinic, at the curbside, or even at home, clinicians can still administer a diagnostic hearing test while maintaining a safe distance.
This remote hearing testing solution allows healthcare providers to continue to support their patients even during these uncertain times.
- Patient visits clinic, or drive-through location
- Donning protective gear, the clinician provides disinfected SHOEBOX audiometer to the patient who remains in their vehicle
- Clinician remains at a safe distance while providing instructions to start the self-administered test
- Alternatively, the clinician can administer a manual test while remaining at the full distance of the transducer cable
- Test results are immediately reviewed and the patient is provided instructions for next steps
- Clinician disinfects equipment for the next patient
“SHOEBOX helps me offer more services to my patients. Everyone deserves a regular hearing test and now everyone gets one, even during these difficult times.”
SHOEBOX has been clinically validated for use as a diagnostic audiometer, even when testing is performed outside of a sound booth. We have been included in various studies on the efficacy of tablet audiometry, conducted at some of the world’s leading institutions.