SHOEBOX offers a safe and effective way to offer hearing testings services while remaining physically distant. In the clinic, at the curbside, or even at home, clinicians can still administer a diagnostic hearing test while maintaining a safe distance.
This remote hearing testing solution allows healthcare providers to continue to support their patients even during these uncertain times.
- Patient visits clinic, or drive-through location
- Donning protective gear, the clinician provides disinfected SHOEBOX audiometer to the patient who remains in their vehicle
- Clinician remains at a safe distance while providing instructions to start the self-administered test
- Alternatively, the clinician can administer a manual test while remaining at the full distance of the transducer cable
- Test results are immediately reviewed and the patient is provided instructions for next steps
- Clinician disinfects equipment for the next patient
“SHOEBOX helps me offer more services to my patients. Everyone deserves a regular hearing test and now everyone gets one, even during these difficult times.”
SHOEBOX has been clinically validated for use as a diagnostic audiometer, even when testing is performed outside of a sound booth. We have been included in various studies on the efficacy of tablet audiometry, conducted at some of the world’s leading institutions, including Mayo Clinic, McGill University, CHEO, and more.