Hearing loss is a common and significant obstacle to learning. Roughly 3% of American school-aged children suffer significant hearing loss with otitis media being the most typical cause. Schools could positively impact academic performance through early identification and treatment of hearing loss issues.
- Easy-to-use – almost anyone including SLPs, school nurses, teachers, or administrators can conduct a diagnostic hearing test
- Produces accurate results when used in any reasonably quiet location
- Functions like playing a game – fun and interactive for kids and administrators
- Light-weight and portable – easy to move from room to room
- Accurate with simple to interpret results
- Efficient record keeping from student to school board
“Kids love the child-friendly interactive game. They now think getting a hearing test is fun!”
SHOEBOX has been clinically validated for use as a diagnostic audiometer, even when testing is performed outside of a sound booth. We have been included in various studies on the efficacy of tablet audiometry, conducted at some of the world’s leading institutions, including Mayo Clinic, McGill University, CHEO, and more.