Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa
We’re looking for a confident, articulate, proactive self-starter who is eager to make a difference. You will start as a member of our Engagement Team under marketing, then progress to our sales team. This usually takes 12 – 18 months. During that time, your mission will be to learn — about our products, our company, and the customers and industries we serve.
To start, you will qualify new inbound marketing leads. You will hunt for prospected leads. And re-engage existing leads. Your goal is to turn these into meetings for our sales representatives. You do this by engaging leads through emails and cold calls, representing our company and our solutions to potential clients.
This job is filled with opportunity — really, the sky’s the limit. Success as an Account Manager on the Engagement Team will lead to an opportunity to move into Sales. With time and experience, you will progress to a Senior Account Manager and eventually an Enterprise Account Manager.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe. You will get to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant people.
Why we need you:
We are growing fast, and we need more passionate, dedicated, and driven individuals. We’re looking for someone who can identify our client needs, suggest appropriate solutions, and develop long-term relationships with customers. You need to be hungry, humble, and smart.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Research inbound leads, and engage with them via email and cold calling to determine if they meet the requirements of a qualified potential customer
- Proactively hunt for new leads by industry segment and regionally targeted accounts
- Re-engage older leads through nurture campaigns
- Generate initial interest in the SHOEBOX solutions to begin building sales momentum
- Achieve monthly quotas of booked meetings and opportunities qualified
- 1-3+ years’ account management experience in the health care or software industries or other relevant experience providing high-quality, attentive client-focused service
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience in communicating/executing complex solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Commitment to continuing professional development including optimal communication, conflict resolution, market segment differentiation, and effective training techniques
- B.Sc or equivalent
- Experience in Audiology, Hearing Services, or Occupational Health & Safety
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Engagement Team can do, and collaborating with salespeople, marketers, and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy virtual lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Account Manager, Engagement Team” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.