Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa
Would you like to be part of the team who are on a mission to enable global access to hearing health care? We are looking for an Account Manager – Sales Development to join our growing team.
If you are new to selling medical devices or don’t know much about the hearing care industry, don’t worry. We offer a comprehensive training program designed to ensure your success and help you progress your sales career.
As an Account Manager – Sales Development, your goal will be to learn — about hearing health technology, and the industries we serve. We’ll teach you how to qualify leads, hunt for new opportunities, and turn both into meetings for Account Managers. We’ll help you understand the problems our customers need solved and how to suggest appropriate solutions. We’ll help you hone your presentation skills and give you confidence to negotiate with executives and healthcare professionals.
If you’re early in your sales career, this job is filled with opportunity — the sky’s the limit. Successful Sales Development Reps move to Account Manager, typically in 6-9 months. With time and experience, you will progress to a Senior, and then, Enterprise Account Manager.
This is an opportunity to work with – and learn from – an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Engage inbound leads via email and phone to qualify them as potential opportunities
- Set and achieve monthly quotas of meetings booked and opportunities qualified
- Re-engage older leads through nurture campaigns
- Research and identify key contacts and prospects to generate initial interest and build sales momentum
- Proactively prospect SHOEBOX solutions into industry and regionally targeted accounts
- Establish relationships with, and operate as the point of contact for customers
- Start, progress, and track sales opportunities
- Ensure the timely delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Forecast and track key accounts and sales metrics
- Provide product support and/or training
- Engage in other opportunities of interest as you keep learning
- 0-3 years’ sales development or account management or other relevant customer service experience providing high-quality, attentive service
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate, present, and influence at all levels of the organization
- Experience in communicating/executing complex solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Sales experience in a medical/biotech or software industry
- B.Sc. degree or equivalent
- Experience in Audiology or healthcare
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. Using iOS, web technology, and managed services, we are creating a seismic shift in how hearing care is provided.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss. 60% of childhood hearing loss is preventable. We can help by enabling more testing by more people in many more locations.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team. You’ll work with the latest tools and technologies. And you’ll collaborate with people who are super passionate about their crafts.
You’ll be joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, and we genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Account Manager” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.