Job Type: Full-time, temporary
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We’re looking for a customer-focused Accountant to join our Finance team on a temporary assignment. Reporting directly to the Controller, you will be responsible for managing SHOEBOX Ltd. accounts receivable, completing payroll, including all requisite deductions, and maintaining appropriate financial documentation through an organized system of filing. You will hone in your organizational skills and attention to detail to produce monthly reports, submit monthly remittances on a timely basis, and oversee and review Accounts Payable. Other responsibilities will include providing assistance with annual working papers, updating the internal tools and systems that support billing, invoicing and account collection.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
You have a “can-do” attitude, take pride in your attention to detail and communication skills, have fun with technology, and are passionate about providing excellent service. You are happiest when developing relationships based on trust, and when you can really make a positive impact through your work while collaborating with your teammates.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring the subscription billing tool (Fusebill) for all AR activity.
- Reviewing all sales orders for accurate invoicing and reporting.
- Processing customer invoices, payments and collections.
- Processing and coordination of customer refunds with approvals in place.
- Collaborating with the support team to respond to customer inquiries.
- Internal support for subscription / customer renewals. Coordinating upcoming customer renewals with Sales.
- Updating status of assets and customer invoicing related to returns.
- DSO reporting at month end.
Accounts Payable / Credit Cards
- Overseeing monthly vendor activity for completeness.
- Setting-up accruals at month end to support month end closing timelines.
- Reconciling monthly credit card activity for all CC accounts.
- Coordinating 1099’s with US suppliers at the end of the calendar year.
- Reconciling the inventory with the Operations Manager.
- Reviewing open POs in NetSuite at month end.
Expense Management and Employee Benefit Tracking
- Performing semi-monthly expense review, processing, reporting in accordance with company policies.
- Tracking employee vacation days, vacation accruals using the custom Google form.
- Reconciling employee benefits per provider statements.
Finance Administration / Bookkeeping
- Maintaining an organized filing system for all appropriate documents.
- Producing monthly accounting reports.
- Updating and maintaining fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
- Serving as a back-up for various accounting and administrative functions.
- Keeping the Finance team informed of potential accounting and billing problems.
- Reviewing Month End closing processes.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounts receivable/accounts payable, payroll, and general bookkeeping.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Strong working knowledge in Netsuite, Fusebill, ADP Team Pay, Zoho and Certify.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience in healthcare, biotechnology, or medical software industry.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We are a medical device company that designs and develops audiometry products creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Customer Support function can do, and collaborating with colleagues who are super passionate about their work.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries, real work-life balance and flexible hours. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume here: https://provance.applytojob.com/apply/lXRbW1ZWY8/Accountant.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.