Associate Product Manager
We’re looking for a confident, proactive candidate to join our Product Management team to help identify and solve user challenges. You will work with the Product Manager(s) on the team to monitor, scale and manage innovative hearing testing solutions. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
You are passionate about learning more about our customers and their workflows and identifying high-value problems that need to be solved. You are clear in communicating these challenges and requirements to the designers and engineers and you collaborate with the agile development team to provide further market insights and data as input to the design decisions. You love to dig into data and analyze it as you make decisions about areas to improve and grow a product. You are effective in communicating product and market knowledge to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and you develop trusted relationships with sales, marketing, knowledge management, customer success and support teams.
We are growing really fast, and we need a strategic cross-team collaborator to inform, enable, and help direct team efforts. You are a strategic thinker, a collaborative planner, and a happy do-er.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Product Manager to refine and execute the roadmap
- Engage the market to identify the problems that need to be solved
- Communicate market challenges and product requirements to internal stakeholders
- Work with a development counterpart to ensure product iterations are delivered with the right set of customer value and Epics and User stories reflect customer needs.
- Provide input to the Product Marketing Manager regarding product messaging.
- Communicate release plans and feature details to stakeholders such as technical writers, product marketing managers, and support.
- Research competitors
- Participate in win/loss interviews
- Logistic and data gathering support of pilot studies
- Analyze product usage data to provide insights for product iterations
- Act as the main point of contact for any issues or questions which arise from internal stakeholders: sales, marketing, technical support, operations, and regulatory
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- 1 – 2 years in a related role, preferably in a software capacity
- Experience in a customer facing role where you demonstrated comfort and curiosity in your customer conversations
- Well-developed skills in quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Direct project experience with Agile methodologies
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Effective in communicating and collaborating across all levels of the business ranging from the organization’s executives, developers, support, sales, and customers
- Ability to prioritize multiple work assignments and manage time effectively
- Comfortable using CRM and collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack
- Experience in the hearing healthcare industry
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the product development function can do, and collaborating with salespeople, marketers, and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air with memory to spare.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Associate Product Manager” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.