Associate Technical Team Lead (Product Owner)
We’re looking for an aspiring Technical Team Lead to join our Development team. You will work collaboratively as a key member in one of our agile development teams, helping to guide and support the development of an industry-changing product. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
We are growing really fast, and we need a strategic cross-team collaborator to inform, enable, and direct team efforts. You know how to break large daunting initiatives into small achievable milestones and can find simplicity amidst seemingly complex requirements. You are a strategic thinker, a collaborative planner, and a happy do-er.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Works with Product Manager and Senior Team Lead to define long term implementation roadmap
- Assists in defining implementation timelines and release milestones
- Communicate long term plans and roadmaps to stakeholders and Agile team
- Participate in product development progress reviews and demonstrate business value to stakeholders
- Serve as the voice of the stakeholders to the Agile team
- Analyze and distill requirements into concise written acceptance criteria
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies by encouraging thoughtful discussion and informed decision making
- Manage and maintain a healthy, prioritized product backlog
- Ensure that the agile team is adhering to the design and development process
- Ensure that all records of review and approval are tracked as needed for regulatory compliance
- Guide and support the agile development team as needed
- A relevant academic diploma with a CS or Software Engineering background
- 3 years of experience as a Software Developer
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for solving complex problems.
- Strong natural leadership skills and a willingness to learn and grow in this area.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple simultaneous tasks and priorities
- Ability to break a strategic vision into incremental concrete deliverables
- Ability to articulate written requirements clearly and concisely
- Pragmatic outlook and willingness to jump in and help the team with various tasks as needed
- Agile Product Owner or Scrum Master Certification
- Experience conducting user testing
- Training in user experience principles, processes, and best practices
- Past work experience with software as a service (SaaS) products
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Technical Team Lead function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email email@example.com. Please include “Associate Team Lead” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.