We’re looking for an energetic candidate to join our Customer Support team. You will engage and support SHOEBOX Audiometry customers as they onboard and use our product. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the world by setting up access to innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry, a division of Clearwater Clinical. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Here are some reasons why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries, and sound booths cost upwards of $20,000—each.
With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (literally you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
This means that at SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a truly meaningful impact every single day.
Why we need you:
We are growing really fast, and we need more passionate, dedicated, awesome people to join our team and help us make a difference.
You’ll have the opportunity to do all kinds of cool things like:
- Provide SHOEBOX system set-up guidance and product training to customers
- Follow up with SHOEBOX customers to ensure user success and product performance
- SHOEBOX technical support; addressing customer questions related to use of the SHOEBOX platform
- Assist in developing and maintaining support and training tools/materials for all components of the SHOEBOX Audiometry Solution
- Tracking, analyze and report on trending support issues and customer feedback
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in life science, audiology or related field of study
- 2-3 years IT customer service/support experience in the healthcare, biotechnology, or medical software industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high energy, customer-focused start-up environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, flexible hours, stock options and a discretionary wellness benefit.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email email@example.com. Please include “Customer Support Specialist” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
(Clearwater Clinical/SHOEBOX Audiometry has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Clearwater at 613-728-6666 to discuss arrangements.)
We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. By replacing slow and expensive traditional approaches with mobile technology, we’re bringing healthcare products in the Audiology industry into the 21st century—making them easier to use, more affordable, and better than ever before.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.