Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON Canada or US-based
We’re looking for a proactive, experienced Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Consultant to help support our Occupational Hearing Solutions Team inform to manage the implementation of our solutions in the occupational health sector. Reporting to the VP of Sales, the EHS Consultant serves as a practiced and knowledgeable workplace safety champion and EHS subject matter expert on our Occupational Hearing Solution sales team. You will work closely with the sales team throughout the pre-sales, pilot, and program launch phases of deployment by designing and delivering occupational hearing solutions to our customers. You will be responsible for scoping customer requirements and workflows in order to translate them into proposals and/or statements of work for hearing testing programs that meet all regulatory requirements while improving operational performance for our clients.
The EHS Consultant will consult and partner with qualified client prospects, to inform, scope and present our occupational hearing testing offering as part of the sales process. The role requires both a strong health and safety industry and technical acumen to understand the needs of our clients and accurately position the SHOEBOX solution.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering SHOEBOX’s mission to expand hearing healthcare around the globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
You are a highly skilled and results-driven Safety Leader who is ready to support innovative solutions that create a more accessible, global safety culture focused on hearing health and conservation. You live and breathe safety culture, are a skilled project manager, and genuinely enjoy partnering with other EHS professionals by diving into operational workflows to inform and design better EHS processes.
Your primary responsibilities:
Subject Matter Expertise and Regulatory Compliance
- Champion the design and delivery of innovative hearing testing solutions as part of a customer hearing conservation program
- Promote compliance with all appropriate laws and regulations for hearing healthcare programs using our products and services (eg. OSHA 29 CFR 1910.95, ANSI S3. 1 and S3. 6, as well as NIOSH and CAOHC best practices)
- Serve as resident subject matter expert on regulatory questions brought forward by customers/sales team
- Understand and communicate current competitive landscape to sales and support teams
Client Consultation, Solution Design, and Delivery
- Identify client needs during discovery sessions with new and existing customers.
- Understand client requirements and map customer’s current workflows for audiometric testing and processing of audiometric data
- Interface with both technical (eg. SAP, EMR, LMS) and non-technical (eg. Safety) teams.
- Present suggested scopes of work to customer, based on input from SHOEBOX development, product management, and audiology teams
- Prepare solution proposals and statements of work for pilots and enterprise agreements
- Inform and coordinate pilot phase and full-scale deployment (launch phase) projects to achieve customer success criteria
Cross-Functional Team Support
- Join customer calls to answer technical/regulatory questions and/or overcome objections
- Explain to clients how to bring a hearing conservation program in-house (versus outsourcing to a third-party service provider)
- Explain how we compare to competitive solutions
- Understand customers’ technical requirements for project roll-out (EMR integration, data workflows, training requirements, network/connectivity specifics, etc.)
- Provide customer training assistance to sales and/or support team
- Provide phone and email scripts to sales team related to common questions asked by customers (assist in objection handling, when it relates to regulatory areas or technical matters).
- Provide suitable inputs during handoff to Services Delivery team
- Work with our internal Product, Audiology, and Services teams to inform the development of new features, functions and services
- Travel as required to deliver onsite proposals, demonstrations, attend trade shows, and other functions
- Post-secondary degree (preferably in Occupational Safety, Health Management) or equivalent experience
- Extensive Safety Program Management experience, partnering with key stakeholders within organizations to identify gaps and develop new or revised safety programs and processes.
- 3-5 years experience overseeing a hearing testing program
- Excellent communication and consultation skills (verbal and written) with the ability to draft clear proposals and present to small and large groups.
- Expert understanding of North American Occupational Health and Safety (eg. OSHA) laws and regulations (and the operational processes, training, and technology required to ensure compliance)
- Safety Program Management competencies – strategic planning and preparation, loss control, process development, case management, continuous improvement, and managerial leadership
- Proven track record of expertly coordinating and managing Health and Safety operations and overseeing comprehensive project lifecycle management activities
- Ability to inform, develop, implement and monitor programs that drive continuous improvement
- Excellent EHS Project Management skills (demonstrated experience with EHS Plan and Policy development, Incident Investigation, Risk Management, Performance and Trend Analysis, Regulatory Requirements, Safety Training and Behavior-Based Safety) with the ability to transfer knowledge and experience into increased value for the customer.
- Understanding of the requirements for on-site EHS team direction, assessment, record-keeping, and material handling equipment operation
- Knowledge of multi-company worksite audit requirements to ensure corporate compliance
- Experience in consulting or deployment of enterprise software products or services in health and safety, occupational health, or hearing conversation industries
- Knowledge of how to use audiometric equipment and (Type II ) sound level meters considered an asset
- Able to travel within North America (Canada and U.S) with possibility for some inter-continental travel requirements
- Board Certified Safety Professional (CSP Certified)
- Occupational Hearing Conservationist (OHC) certification – CAOHC
- Workplace Hearing Conservation program design, development, and support
- Member of the American Society of Safety Professionals -ASSP
- Experience leading health and safety in complex manufacturing environments
- Experience in Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Experience with noise measurement, noise control
- Understanding of EMR systems (Cority, OHM, etc.)
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Sales function can do, and collaborating with product managers and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email email@example.com. Please include “EHS Consultant” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available.