Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Americas – Remote
About the job
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and driven Web Developer to help shape our innovative web-based hearing health products. Your efforts will help our teams’ work to make hearing healthcare as universally accessible and engaging as possible.
Why we need you:
You’ll be a developer on an international development team that spans all aspects of web application implementation. You’ll work with a diverse, technology-driven team to come up with innovative solutions, and support the reliability of the codebase and technology stack in time.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Contribute to the architecture of new solutions by sharing your experience and expertise in brainstorming sessions with your team.
- Ensure the quality, relevance, and performance of the evolving codebase.
- Be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from specification to design, development and deployment.
- Explore experimental technologies and contribute to the product and technical roadmaps of the company.
- Produce clean, maintainable, high-quality code.
- Produce design documents and documentation to ensure best development practices.
- Mentor junior developers by participating in weekly technical workshops, code reviews and pair programming.
- Keep up to date on industry developments and trends.
- Assist in technical story writing.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Attend and conform to end-user security awareness training, information security policies, non-disclosure agreements, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- Hands on experience with Clojure Script.
- At least 5 years of experience in front end web applications.
- At least 5 years of experience in back end web applications (node.js, Ruby on Rails…).
- At least 3 years of experience in React.js.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- BSc or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to produce high quality code and provide constructive code reviews.
- Ability to learn, analyze and adopt new technologies.
- Strong communication skills across all channels: visual, oral, and written
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Knowledge in Audiology.
- Knowledge of Hebrew Language.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in Functional Programming.
Who is SHOEBOX Ltd.? A SaaS developer of a Digital Hearing Care Platform enabling to perform anything from screening and diagnostic to hearing aid fitting. Shoebox features Tele-Audiology and Home Audiology applications.
We aim to democratize and transform the hearing care ecosystem, providing outstanding hearing care to everyone through research and innovation.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
As part of SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Development function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resumes here.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.