We’re looking for a confident, proactive candidate to help our Finance team. You will organize and administer accounting systems for individuals, departments, and the company. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
We are growing really fast, and we need a tech-savvy and service-oriented General Accountant to join our team to own our month end and general accounting workflows. You are a reliable and professional colleague and a happy do-er.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and month-end reports
- Analyze financial statements and reports and provide financial and business advice
- Manage day-to-day operations, ensuring completeness and accuracy of data; configure controls and alerting mechanisms accordingly
- Administer accounting systems and prepare financial information for individuals, departments and the company
- Preparing and processing corporate payroll and benefits
- Develop and maintain reporting and internal control procedures
- Support the configuration and continuous evolution of the NetSuite platform
- Customize and maintain reports, user dashboards and saved searches
- Ensure procedures, processes and proper change controls are adhered to
- Assist to document processes and procedures as needed
- Post-secondary degree
- 3-5 years of accounting experience (bookkeeping, general ledger process, and cost accounting)
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (General Ledger, AR/AP modules, and more)
- Demonstrated experience with creating custom reports and saved searches
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel)
- Familiar with month-end close process
- Proven aptitude for quick creative and technical thinking with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work within an open-office team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize diverse requirements.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, write and synthesize information.
- Tact and diplomacy; candidate must be highly professional. Demonstrated ability to maintain discretion and strict confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working without guidance.
- Proven track record of high productivity, the ability to work effectively under pressure and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to develop relationships with a broad mix of people through awareness of the audience and the flexibility to adapt to the environment.
- Comfortable working in an exclusively Mac-based environment (iOS)
- SaaS experience with a hardware component considered an asset
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Accounting function can do, and collaborating with other team members across the organization.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email email@example.com. Please include “General Accountant” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.