We’re looking for a collaborative, positive and unique candidate to join our Audiology Team. You will inspire and assist SHOEBOX Inc. teams with audiology-specific inquiries and training. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
We are growing really fast, and we need a strategic cross-team collaborator to inform and enable team efforts. You bring high standards for audiology practice to life. You are a strategic thinker, dedicated researcher, humble instructor, and a happy do-er.
You will provide:
- Provide pre- and post- sales support. Being available to respond to customer questions and concerns regarding SHOEBOX will be a source of personal satisfaction for you – every day.
- Establish personalized care plans. Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, create training plans in accordance with the audiological knowledge required for various roles on our team. Help write an exam for members of the Sales Team.
- Thought leadership. Act as resident subject matter expert and a “go-to person” in your field of expertise. A trusted source who moves and inspires people with innovative ideas; turns ideas into reality; knows and shows how to replicate your success
- Training for Internal Staff. Develop, plan and implement programs, training and assessment tools and content to ensure effective knowledge transfer to in-house teams for new and existing products. Eg. Presentations, product walk-throughs, technical sheets in relevant and accessible formats
- Occupational Review. Review occupational health audiograms for shifts and potential issues. Provide reports on shifts and needed referrals.
- Clinical Review. Audiogram review for some of our enterprise customers for completion and potential shifts.
- Consult with the Product Development Team. Under the direction of the Director of Audiology, you will provide input when more than one opinion is helpful or the DOA is away.
- Research customers and developments in Audiology. Audiogram review for some of our enterprise customers for completion and potential shifts. Stay abreast of research on hearing healthcare and on the development and design of diagnostic procedures and devices. Read journal articles, scan Audiology Online for good content for the team, and participate in educational webinars.
- Enhance and inform ongoing learning. Educate and counsel in-house teams regarding the nature, extent, impact, and implications of hearing loss and treatment.
- Other services within the scope of your expertise. On occasion, you may administer hearing tests and/or evaluations to test groups or staff. May instruct and oversee the development of employees, company partners and other health care personnel. May be required to travel and follow specific company guidelines for expense management.
- Master’s Degree or Clinical Doctorate Degree (Au.D.) in audiology
- Credentials: Active registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Minimum $2 million dollars coverage for professional liability insurance
- Minimum of 1 year in a clinical role, preferably with exposure to various ages of patients.
- Sound, practiced knowledge of hearing testing – Pediatric, Adult, and Geriatric.
- Knowledge of health care guidelines (infection control, PHI management, adaptations to testing for populations with unique needs)
- Excellent customer service and communication abilities. Particular ease when translating audiological concepts for various audiences.
- Professional certification exam passing result (SAC or ASHA)
- Experience with hearing testing in occupational and ototoxicity contexts
- Knowledge of advanced testing concepts in pediatrics and noise measurement, occupational hearing health regulations, current ANSI and ISO hearing standards
- Effective and engaging teaching and presentation skills
- Ability to create effective support collaterals
- Knowledge of hearing aids, hearing aid fitting, the Sivantos line of products, as well as the upcoming OTC offerings and new opportunities
- Knowledge of OAEs, tympanometry, and video otoscopy, advanced speech-in-noise testing
- Bilingual in English and French. Other languages also useful as we grow our global presence.
- Ability and willingness to travel autonomously and represent SHOEBOX in other geographies.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the marketing function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a sit/stand desk in an innovative and collegial atmosphere. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air, an office phone, iPad audiometer (and various headphones), and bone conductor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email email@example.com. Please include “In-House Audiologist” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.