Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We’re looking for an experienced iOS Developer who is excited to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
This means that at SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a truly meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an Agile team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what mobile devices can do, and collaborating with developers who are super passionate about their craft.
Why we need you
We are growing really fast, and we need more passionate, dedicated, experienced people to join our team and help us make a difference. You are a strong conceptual and systems thinker, a collaborative design idea incubator, and a happy do-er.
Your primary responsibilities
- Develop complex algorithms and heuristic logic to help clinically diagnose hearing loss
- Collaborate with our incredible design and UX team to implement clean and simple user interfaces and delightful interactions
- Be part of a motivated, tight-knit team
- Write and maintain modern, clean, elegant code
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment where the features you build get into the hands of eager customers quickly
- A relevant academic diploma with a CS or Engineering background
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing algorithms and frameworks
- 3+ years of professional experience developing iOS apps in Objective-C and/or Swift
- Strong understanding of iOS frameworks and architectural patterns
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Extensive experience with Git
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with iOS frameworks to support DSP
- Knowledge of both Objective-C and Swift is an asset
- Experience writing and maintaining integration or UI tests
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what design can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume and a link to their portfolio by email email@example.com. Please include “Intermediate iOS Developer (DSP)” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.