Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We’re looking for a creative and accomplished candidate to join our Research and Development team. You will assist in the development and maintenance of iOS applications and frameworks, and participate in many facets of the development life cycle, including: technical story writing, technical designs, documentation, implementation, testing, and debugging.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
You are capable of owning small to medium-sized features with little to no guidance, and you want to make a positive impact on the world at the same time.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Be an active member of a motivated, tight-knit team
- Produce clean, maintainable, high-quality code
- Produce design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse
- Mentor and supervise junior developers by participating in weekly technical workshops, code reviews, and pair programming
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology, and other factors impacting the job
- Participate in quarterly training
- Help produce and maintain automation scripts for CI, CD, etc.
- Assist in technical story writing
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process
- Attend and conform to end-user security awareness training, information security policies, non-disclosure agreements, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent job experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience developing iOS applications in Swift and/or Objective-C
- Strong understanding of iOS frameworks and architectural patterns
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Git
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Knowledge of Audio and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience writing and maintaining integration or UI tests and CI scripts (e.g. Fastlane, Bitrise)
- Experience with Reactive programming frameworks (e.g. RxSwift), SwiftUI and Combine
- Experience with Realm databases
- Experience with dependency managers (e.g. SPM, CocoaPods)
- Experience building multilingual applications
- Experience using Core Data in complex apps
- Experience collaborating with designers (i.e. Sketch, Zeplin)
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Development function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email email@example.com. Please include “iOS Developer” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.