Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We’re searching for an experienced IT Manager to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure and related IT operations used to enable capabilities and services across the organization. You will contribute to the development and execution of our IT strategy across all the components in the organization, including responsibility for ensuring our I&O strategy is fully aligned with our overall IT Strategy.
You will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and work closely with the VP of Operations and the Chief Security Officer to ensure all systems are properly maintained and secured, including maintenance of domains, system certifications, adherence with privacy policies, and ISO27001 standards. You will have responsibility for assisting with standard onboarding and offboarding of employees and engage with teams to set up new or decommission old systems and applications. You will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you’re smart, proactive, adaptable, independent, and easy to work with. You’re keen to learn and you do so quickly. You get the big picture but you also sweat the details. In short, you’re a superstar.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Contribute to and execute the IT Strategy
- Maintain and improve operational excellence by ensuring operational access to our purchased Saas tools, maintenance and updates are performed on a timely basis
- Assist with the evaluation, purchase, and implementation of new internal tools
- Manage projects such as introduction of new software, migrations, risk management initiatives
- Ensure security and supporting infrastructure are in place to meet ISO27001 standards
- Ensure adherence and training of IT protocols for employees engaging in the onboarding or offboarding process
- Ensure all policies and procedures are updated
- Responsible for executing major IT projects
- Provide infrastructure support to Marketing website developers
- Other related duties as required or assigned
- Manage and maintain all office internet and phone IT infrastructure and on-site security
- Manage employee-assigned computers & mobile devices through their life cycle
- Provide IT support to employees
- Service Orientation
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- 7+ years of proven experience as an IT Operations Manager with experience in managing IT Infrastructure environments
- Network setup and security implementation experience
- Ability to assess, analyze and communicate key recommendations with supporting facts
- Proven track record in the successful implementation of policy and systems
- Strong working knowledge in managing Google Workspaces, Google Cloud, backups, and network maintenance
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining trusted advisor relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- It is a mandatory condition of your employment that: (i) you are vaccinated for COVID-19 with vaccines that have been approved by the Government of Canada; (ii) you have received both of your vaccines at least 14 days prior to your start date; and, (iii) you receive any recommended COVID-19 related boosters which are subsequently approved and recommended by the Government of Canada. Note: If you are unable to receive COVID-19 vaccines due to medical or human rights reasons, please let us know so that we can discuss potential accommodations.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Professional Services function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
Location of work: As a result of the pandemic, SHOEBOX has moved to a “collaboration first” model, which means that most employees currently work from home and, when the office re-opens, this role will likely work some combination of work from home and at the office. All in-office work and in-person meetings for work that take place outside of the office will be subject to SHOEBOX’s Vaccination Policy, as well as its health and safety procedures. These policies and procedures will require, among other things, full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of going into the office or having meetings for work outside of the office.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to APPLY HERE
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.