Java Cloud Developer (Junior/Intermediate)
We’re looking for a confident, proactive candidate to help lead our Cloud team. You will develop complex algorithms and heuristic logic to help diagnose hearing loss and write the clean, high-quality code to expand and improve our cloud environment. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
We are growing really fast, and we need more passionate, dedicated and experienced people to join our team and make a difference. You are a strong conceptual and systems thinker, a collaborative idea incubator, and a happy do-er.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Develop complex algorithms and heuristic logic to help clinically diagnose hearing loss
- Write code to expand and improve our HIPAA-Compliant Amazon cloud environment
- Be part of a motivated, tight-knit team
- Take pride in a clean architecture and design
- Produce clean, maintainable, high quality code
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment where the features you build get into the hands of eager customers quickly
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, CS or related
- CS or Engineering background
- 1- 5 years of Java development or co-op experience
- Familiarity of cloud / backend architectures
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Experience developing server code using Java
- Writing SQL queries and interacting with databases
- Appreciation of test driven development, unit testing and end-to-end testing
- Great communication skills
- Experience implementing AWS services
- Experience writing RESTful web services
- Knowledge of advanced Java
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Development function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email email@example.com. Please include “Java Cloud Developer” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.