Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Americas – Remote
About the job
We’re looking for a Java Cloud Developer who is excited to make a real impact on the world by developing the cloud component for innovative mobile and web based medical solutions with an amazing group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
You are capable of owning small to medium sized features with little to no guidance, and you want to make a positive impact on the world at the same time.
You’ll have the opportunity to do all kinds of cool things like:
- Develop complex algorithms and heuristic logic to help clinically diagnose hearing loss.
- Write code to expand and improve our HIPAA-Compliant AWS environment.
- Be part of a motivated, tight-knit team.
- Take pride in a clean architecture and design.
- Produce clean, maintainable, high quality code.
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment where the features you build get into the hands of eager customers quickly.
- Educational background in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 6+ years of hands on Java development experience.
- Practical experience with AWS hosted solutions in real-world projects.
- Proficiency in DevOps practices and automation.
- Strong understanding and application of design patterns.
- Demonstrated ability in writing SQL queries and working with databases.
- Appreciation for test-driven development, unit testing, and end-to-end testing methodologies.
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and task prioritization skills with minimal supervision.
- Excellent teamwork skills, fostering collaborative work environments.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, SNS/SQS, CloudFormation, Cognito and RDS.
- Practical knowledge of writing RESTful web services.
- Familiarity with advanced Java concepts.
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of Python.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Development function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resumes here.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.