Why we need you:
We are growing really fast, and we need more passionate, dedicated, awesome people to join our team and help us make a difference.
- Participate in requirements and design sprint sessions
- Drive architectural decisions forward
- Develop interfaces to display patient and organization data
- Collaborate with our incredible design and UX team to implement clean and simple user interfaces and delightful interactions
- Write code to interface with our HIPAA-Compliant Amazon cloud environment through a REST API
- Develop automated regression tests
- Take pride in developing a clean architecture and writing clean, maintainable, high quality code
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment where the features you build get into the hands of eager customers quickly
- Engage in other opportunities of interest as you keep learning
- Experience developing web applications
- 5+ years experience with web technologies
- Degree of study in Software Engineering, CS, or related
- Strong understanding of architecture, design patterns, and web development
- Experience developing web apps in React
- Communication and collaboration skills when working with a team
- Experience building multilingual applications
- Ability to champion technical discussions and decisions
- Understanding of functional programming concepts
- UX and design experience
- Experience working with Redux
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the marketing function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX Audiometry has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact SHOEBOX at 613-728-6666 to discuss arrangements.