Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We’re searching for a junior accounting professional to join our team. Reporting to the Controller, you will support a wide range of basic accounting processes and initiatives, including, but not limited to accounts receivables, accounts payable, reconciliations and HST filings. You will also partner with our sales and order fulfillment teams to support their business processes.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you’re smart, proactive, adaptable, independent, and easy to work with. You’re keen to learn and you do so quickly. You get the big picture but you also sweat the details. In short, you’re a superstar.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Process accounts receivable, including customer invoicing and payment collection
- Process accounts payable, including inputting and verifying supplier invoices and payments
- Administer the employee expense reporting process for ADP payroll
- Co-ordinate purchase order tracking, develop and implement the required procedures
- Prepare HST returns
- Administer bank reconciliations
- Administer monthly credit card reconciliations
- Coordinate and administer employee vacation accrual and use tracking
- Other duties as determined.
- College diploma in accounting
- 2- 4 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Experience with Netsuite or other ERP
- Experience in the software industry is considered an asset
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Great attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Quick learner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
- It is a mandatory condition of your employment that: (i) you are vaccinated for COVID-19 with vaccines that have been approved by the Government of Canada; (ii) you have received both of your vaccines at least 14 days prior to your start date; and, (iii) you receive any recommended COVID-19 related boosters which are subsequently approved and recommended by the Government of Canada. Note: If you are unable to receive COVID-19 vaccines due to medical or human rights reasons, please let us know so that we can discuss potential accommodations.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Professional Services function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
Location of work: As a result of the pandemic, SHOEBOX has moved to a “collaboration first” model, which means that most employees currently work from home and, when the office re-opens, this role will likely work some combination of work from home and at the office. All in-office work and in-person meetings for work that take place outside of the office will be subject to SHOEBOX’s Vaccination Policy, as well as its health and safety procedures. These policies and procedures will require, among other things, full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of going into the office or having meetings for work outside of the office.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to APPLY HERE
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.