Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We’re looking for a customer-focused brand ambassador to join our Customer Support team. You will solve meaningful problems, identify learning needs, and empower hearing professionals to connect with the world’s first iPad-based audiometer.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
The Junior Customer Support Specialist is accountable for supporting customers, dealing with customer inquiries and complaints, and processing transactions (primarily via phone and email). They follow all SHOEBOX policies and procedures when providing customer support.
We are growing really fast, and we need a strong brand ambassador to help our team continue to inform, enable, and connect customers to ensure positive experiences around the globe.
Your primary responsibilities:
Tier 1 Customer Support
- Respond to customer email / phone inquiries from knowledge base
- Achieve response time targets
- Ensure all required fields are accurate and complete in each Desk ticket
- Create sales orders and enter returns in CRM system
- Enter customer credit card information correctly into billing system
- Escalate complex issues to T2 according to set criteria
- Assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant job experience and training
- 1-3 years experience in a related tech support role
- Demonstrated experience using customer ticketing tools (ex. Zoho desk, Jira, Zendesk, Apple Concierge)
- Demonstrated experience using internal and external Knowledge Bases and procedures
- Excellent, clear written and verbal communication skills (listening, writing and speaking) in English
- Proven experience supporting Apple iOS devices
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to travel (up to max. 5% annually)
- Customer focus
- Problem identification and problem resolution
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Conflict resolution
- Communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Time management, ability to prioritize
- A complete background check (including criminal record check) may be required
- Experience with Windows and MacOS
- General wireless network troubleshooting
- Experience with audio technology and terminologies
- PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliance for customer support
- Ability to communicate in languages other than English
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Customer Support function can do, and collaborating with colleagues who are super passionate about their work.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Junior Customer Support Specialist” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.