Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We’re looking for a proactive candidate with a “can-do” attitude to join our Operations team in the role of Junior Operations technician. You will be responsible for calibration, testing, and maintenance of equipment, order fulfillment and inspection, shipping, and related inventory and administrative tasks.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Obtain equipment and calibrate hardware by using a software application to calibrate each item according to specific standards provided
- Maintain the calibration process after successful completion of training
- Provide calibration certificate as proof calibration and adherence to standard
- Ensure equipment is maintained and processes are followed according to set standards
- Provide basic troubleshooting on manufacturing equipment and processes in areas of qualification in conjunction with the team
- Transact inventory on calibrated equipment
Pick, Pack, Ship
- Fulfill sales orders, review for accuracy, and verify for completeness.
- Assemble packages, record contents manually or by computer, pack goods to be shipped and affix identifying information and shipping instructions
- Performs customized setup on electronic equipment. Receive materials and resolve issues.
- Coordinate loading, unloading, and receiving of goods from trucks, document, communicate, and coordinate daily shipment information.
- Generate reports as required by company SOPs and regulatory requirements
- Determine the method of shipment and arrange shipping.
- Provide shipping quotes and answers requests for information.
- Prepare shipping and return labels, bills of lading, commercial invoices, customs forms and invoices, and other shipping documents manually or by computer.
- Monitor for shipping delays and resolve issues.
- Coordinate reverse logistics
- Participates in cycle and month-end inventory counts.
- Inspect returned materials according to acceptance criteria and receive back to inventory.
- Inspect outgoing orders according to acceptance criteria prior to shipment.
- Manage supplier documentation, POs, SCAR, NCR
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school
- 1-2 years of experience in lab or warehouse
- Medical Devices / Sound and Vibration industry is preferred
- Excellent hearing ability in both ears (for headphone calibration duties)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Competence with Mac computers and iOS devices
- Basic Microsoft Skills, experience with data entry and databases
- Understanding of Quality Management concepts
- Knowledge of Quality Management Standards including ISO 13485:2016, Health Canada Regulations is an asset
- Knowledge of equipment qualification and validation principles is an asset.
- Knowledge of inventory management best practices is an asset.
- Comfortable and flexible when faced with regular changes to process and plans
- Fluency in English with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Strong listening skills with keen ability to understand directions
- Ability to perform repeated tasks without defect or error
- Ability to work on flexible work schedule including on shifts
- Ability to lift up to 23kg/ 50 lbs
- A satisfactory background check may be required to fulfill this role
- Ability to work shift work
- Legally able to work in Canada
- It is a mandatory condition of your employment that: (i) you are vaccinated for COVID-19 with vaccines that have been approved by the Government of Canada; (ii) you have received both of your vaccines at least 14 days prior to your start date; and, (iii) you receive any recommended COVID-19 related boosters which are subsequently approved and recommended by the Government of Canada. Note: If you are unable to receive COVID-19 vaccines due to medical or human rights reasons, please let us know so that we can discuss potential accommodations.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Operations function can do, and collaborating with other SHOEBOXers who are super passionate about what we do.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air with memory to spare and a new monitor.
Location of work: This position works in our Ottawa office location. All in-office work and in-person meetings for work that take place outside of the office will be subject to SHOEBOX’s Vaccination Policy, as well as its health and safety procedures. These policies and procedures will require, among other things, full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of going into the office or having meetings for work outside of the office.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to APPLY HERE
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.