Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We’re looking for a proactive candidate with a “can-do” attitude to join our Operations team in the role of Operations Support. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for fulfilling orders, receiving, shipping, calibrating and maintaining equipment inventory and related documentation and systems.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Review and verify incoming sales orders for accuracy and completeness. Assemble packages, record contents manually or by computer, pack goods to be shipped, and affix identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Perform customized setup on electronic equipment and/or factory reset
- Coordinate loading, unloading, and receiving of goods from trucks or other conveyances, document, communicate, and coordinate daily shipment information.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages, and reject damaged goods
- Documents any defects, resolves discrepancies, communicate with suppliers.
- Unpack, code, and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Maintain internal, manual, or computerized record-keeping systems according to specific requirements
- Operate carts and other equipment to load, unload transport, and store goods.
- Receive used subscription assets, and record returned materials
- Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping according to specific requirements
- Prepare bills of lading, customs forms, invoices, and other shipping documents manually or by computer
- Provide shipping quotes and answers requests for information.
- Trouble-shoot complex shipping arrangements to ensure delivery requirements are met
Microphone Calibration (10%)
- Receive microphones, determine baseline data and calibrate hardware (using a software application) to calibrate each microphone according to specific standards provided
- Use software and hardware equipment provided according to instructions
- Provide calibration certificate as proof calibration and adherence to standard
De-Activations and Activations (10%)
- Deactivate customer access to systems in the event they have not paid
- Re-activate paid subscriptions upon request
Administration / Data Entry / Inventory (5%)
- Communicate and coordinate requirements between sales team, shipping service providers
- Complete assigned tasks to update client data in company systems
- Perform regular cycle counts and monthly inventory counts.
- Monitors the inventory levels, plans, and purchases materials and goods.
- Make requests for purchases.
- Review and update procedures and documentation.
- Review data sources to research and complete missing information into spreadsheets or order systems. Lead the recycling and Scrap process.
- Assist in preparing Quality documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of secondary school
- Strong listening skills with keen ability to understand directions
- Experience with Mac computers and iOS devices
- Basic Microsoft Skills, experience with data entry and databases
- Fluency in English with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform repeated tasks without defect or error
- Ability to lift up to 23kg/ 50 lbs
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable and flexible when faced with regular changes to process and plans
- Ability to work on flexible work schedule including on shifts
- Legally able to work in Canada
- It is a mandatory condition of your employment that: (i) you are vaccinated for COVID-19 with vaccines that have been approved by the Government of Canada; (ii) you have received both of your vaccines at least 14 days prior to your start date; and, (iii) you receive any recommended COVID-19 related boosters which are subsequently approved and recommended by the Government of Canada. Note: If you are unable to receive COVID-19 vaccines due to medical or human rights reasons, please let us know so that we can discuss potential accommodations.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Operations function can do, and collaborating with other SHOEBOXers who are super passionate about what we do.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air with memory to spare and a new monitor.
Location of work: This position works in our Ottawa office location. All in-office work and in-person meetings for work that take place outside of the office will be subject to SHOEBOX’s Vaccination Policy, as well as its health and safety procedures. These policies and procedures will require, among other things, full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of going into the office or having meetings for work outside of the office.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to APPLY HERE
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.