Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
We’re searching for an experienced Product Manager to join our team. You will report to the Vice President of Product Management and you will play a key role in defining the product strategy and roadmap for our future.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you’re smart, proactive, adaptable, independent, and easy to work with. You’re keen to learn and you do so quickly. You get the big picture but you also sweat the details. In short, you’re a superstar.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap that will meet the market needs and grow our business
- Engage the market to identify the problems that need to be solved
- Communicate market challenges and product requirements to internal stakeholders
- Understand the market needs and growth opportunities for the assigned market(s)
- Prioritize features with corresponding justifications
- Define and deliver problem definitions with clear use cases
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure solutions will address the market needs
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Work closely with marketing to develop the core positioning and messaging for the product and new features
- Develop content for executive level presentations
- Development of key content to educate the field on competitive products, pricing, and value proposition.
- Actively support teams in competitive situations.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to develop product, marketing, and sales strategies.
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify key business use cases and drive enhancements and requirements into the product development process.
- Communicate the solution with customers, sales team members, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Brief and train the sales and support teams as needed.
- Act as a leader within the company.
- Attend and conform to end-user security awareness training.
- Conform to organizational information security policies.
- Conform to Non-disclosure agreements, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Service Orientation
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- 3-6 years of recent experience as a Product Manager, preferably in a software capacity
- 3 years of experience in a job in the software as a service (SaaS) market, hearing devices, other medical devices market, or occupational health & safety
- Experience in customer-facing roles with engagements around user interviews, requirement gathering, gap analysis, and presenting a business value proposition for the proposed solutions
- Direct project experience with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent products.
- Logical ability to effectively understand business needs, goals, and objectives and convert them into tangible requirements, solutions, and alternatives
- Excellent teamwork skills and collaboration with all levels of the business ranging from the organization’s executives, developers, support, sales, and customers
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Highly effective prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to prepare presentations with a blend of focused research, strategy, and creativity.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of Google docs, sheets, slides.
- It is a mandatory condition of your employment that: (i) you are vaccinated for COVID-19 with vaccines that have been approved by the Government of Canada; (ii) you have received both of your vaccines at least 14 days prior to your start date; and, (iii) you receive any recommended COVID-19 related boosters which are subsequently approved and recommended by the Government of Canada. Note: If you are unable to receive COVID-19 vaccines due to medical or human rights reasons, please let us know so that we can discuss potential accommodations.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct industry/customer presentations.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Professional Services function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
Location of work: As a result of the pandemic, SHOEBOX has moved to a “collaboration first” model, which means that most employees currently work from home and, when the office re-opens, this role will likely work some combination of work from home and at the office. All in-office work and in-person meetings for work that take place outside of the office will be subject to SHOEBOX’s Vaccination Policy, as well as its health and safety procedures. These policies and procedures will require, among other things, full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of going into the office or having meetings for work outside of the office.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to APPLY HERE
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.