We’re searching for an experienced Product Manager to join our team at SHOEBOX Ltd. You will report to the Vice President of Product Management (located in Ottawa, Canada) and you will play a key role in defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for hearing screening and diagnostic solutions that will contribute to better hearing care for more people.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative nature where you are looking for new approaches to grow a business and solve challenges. Your curiosity, business acumen, and leadership enable you to create and convey a compelling vision. You’re smart, proactive, adaptable, independent, and collaborative. You’re keen to learn and you do so quickly. You are willing to experiment, take risks, and learn with each success and failure. You get the big picture, but you also sweat the details.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our vision to “enable access to quality hearing healthcare for everyone, everywhere” with our innovative mobile and web-based solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap that will meet the hearing care market needs and grow our business, both today and well into the future. Think beyond just the product and consider the entire ecosystem.
- Communicate, align, and inspire others with a clear vision, strategy, and initiatives.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis, and opportunity assessment for current and future opportunities and translate the knowledge into compelling portfolio strategy and roadmap.
- Engage the markets globally to identify the market needs, problems that need to be solved, and growth opportunities for the assigned market(s).
- Research and communicate market challenges and use cases to stakeholders through presentations and problem definition documentation.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering team to ensure problems and use cases are well understood and solutions will address the market needs.
- Prioritize initiatives with corresponding justification toward the business goals and strategy.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Work closely with marketing to develop the core positioning, and value proposition messaging, for the solution and new features.
- Develop key content to educate the field on competitive products, pricing, and value proposition.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to develop product, marketing, and sales strategies.
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify key business use cases and drive enhancements and requirements into the product development process.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience as a Product Manager, preferably in a software capacity.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the hearing care industry.
- Experience in customer-facing roles with engagements around user interviews, requirement gathering, gap analysis, and presenting a business value proposition for the proposed initiatives.
- Direct experience with Agile methodologies.
- Commercial mindset with the ability to work with ambiguity while delivering value to customers and the business.
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent products.
- Logical ability to effectively understand business needs, goals and objectives and convert them into tangible requirements, solutions and alternatives.
- Experience in mapping and leveraging data to make informed decisions for problem identification, roadmaps, prioritization, goal setting, and measuring success.
- Excellent teamwork skills and collaboration with all levels of the business ranging from the organization’s executives, engineering team members, support, customer success, sales, and customers.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
Proven ability to prepare presentations with a blend of focused research, strategy, data analysis, creativity, and story-telling.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of Google docs, sheets, slides.
- Experience in a job in the software as a service (SaaS) market or other medical devices market, will be considered a plus.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Ltd. We design and develop audiometry products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle-income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, and worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Product Management function can do, and collaborating with colleagues who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resumes. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resumes here.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.