Product Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a strategic and productive candidate to help lead our Marketing team. You will lead the research, strategic planning, tools and promotional message development, and training supports that effectively communicate the value of our products to the markets we serve. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
Your research, analysis, teamwork, planning and documentation skills are so strong…you’re confident it will not take long to know our competitive landscape like the back of your hand. You are passionate about what our customers and competitors are doing today, and what they are likely to do in future. You also know our buyers and understand why and how they make buying decisions. Your plans are data-driven; this isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic plans with market evidence and use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team and develop innovative programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality are critical to your success. Your ability to grasp, articulate and present our products’ value proposition clearly solves our buyers’ problems.
We are growing really fast, and we need a strategic cross-team collaborator to inform, enable, and direct team efforts. You are obsessed with enabling and tracking strong product performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. You are a strategic thinker, a collaborative master planner, and a happy do-er.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Market Research and Process/Product Improvement – serve as the lead on market intelligence; be the expert on our buyers, their behaviors and key buying criteria. Understand our competitive landscape and the who, what, where and why behind their decisions. Drive change improvements to our sales and marketing processes and tools based on research-driven requirements.
- Marketing Communications – developing marketing tools, messaging, and campaigns to attract new buyers and retain existing ones
- Strategic Planning and Positioning – collaborate with Product Management and Marketing to develop meaningful, effective plans that position products and messages to effectively target buyer personas
- Product Launches – plan the launches of new and updated products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of plans. Develop marketing plans for the products you support with your marketing team, including key activities and budgets.
- Sales Support – inform, enable and train the Sales team to effectively communicate product features and value proposition and sell our solutions in ways that actively solve buyers’ problems.
- Measuring and Reporting Success – Assess the ROI and effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- 5+ years of product marketing and promotion experience with at least 2 years in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- 3+ years’ experience as a sales, marketing, or PR representative (or related occupation)
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or a related field
- Exceptional ROI tracking knowledge and skills
- Excellent communication skills are required. You must be a strong and practiced public speaker (comfortable in front of large, senior groups) and a solid writer
- Excellent people and project management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Team player par excellence
- Excellent consultation, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Familiar with online content marketing and social media development strategies
- Proficiency on productivity applications like Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp
- Proficiency with marketing, CRM, sales and productivity measurement, monitoring and tracking systems
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools like Slack and Salesforce
- Familiar with marketing automation tools like ActiveCampaign, Zoho CRM and Google Analytics
- Power user of networking tools like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Ability to travel in support of trade shows and conferences up to 10 times per year
- Ability to work unpredictable hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) III or higher
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the marketing function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Air.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume with writing samples by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Product Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX Audiometry has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact SHOEBOX at 613-728-6666 to discuss arrangements.