We’re looking for an enthusiastic and driven Product Owner to help shape our innovative web-based hearing health products. Your efforts will help guide our teams’ work to make hearing healthcare as universally accessible and engaging as possible.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world by furthering our mission to expand hearing healthcare around the Globe with our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions, and to work with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
As part of the Research & Development team (“R&D”), the Product Owner is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by the team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product is delivered to our customers.
In this role, you will gather feature requests, schedule releases, and coordinate sprints. You should be able to identify user needs, help a customer understand a business value and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. You will also maintain documentation records in accordance with defined Software Development procedures.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Serve as the voice of the client
- Collaborate with Product Management to align on desired roadmap items, as well as changes in priority or timelines to ensure strategic business objectives are being met
- Own the short term (2-4 months) implementation roadmap
- Define scope and backlog items (epics/features/user stories) to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value
- Lead collaboratively, guiding direction while supporting team ownership, growth and learning
- Ensure product risks are assessed, and mitigation strategies are incorporated into solution design
- Develop detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams and ensure all requirements are addressed
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Work with UI/UX specialists to coordinate and facilitate usability testing sessions
- Monitor sprint preparedness and execution as well as ensure incoming customer issues are dealt with based on priority
- Remove roadblocks for the team
- Represent the R&D team with various stakeholders, clients or users
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data in order to measure product adoption, validate ROI predictions and inform priority changes
- Release management: content creation (knowledge base/user manuals), internal training and communications to all departments, localization management
- Coach and advocate good Agile practices with the team
Core competencies and experience:
- A relevant academic diploma with a CS or Engineering background or demonstrated competence in this area
- 3+ years experience in a technical role
- 5+ years in a product owner or scrum master role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Hebrew
- Legally eligible to work in Israel
- Strong organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple simultaneous priorities and ensure timelines and milestones are achieved
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish trusted relationships, internally and externally
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to simplify complex problems into actionable tasks
- Ability to make key decisions as they pertain to core responsibilities
- Experience working in an Agile environment and leveraging tools like Jira and Confluence for feature planning, execution and documentation
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
- Experience working with remote and distributed development teams
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products
- Attention to detail
- Active listening
- Certified Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Experience developing mobile, SaaS, and/or cloud hosted applications and/or services
- Experience with git or equivalent source code control
- Background in medical device regulation and quality
Who is SHOEBOX Ltd.? A SaaS developer of a Digital Hearing Care Platform enabling to perform anything from screening and diagnostic to hearing aid fitting. Shoebox features Tele-Audiology and Home Audiology applications.
We aim to democratize and transform the hearing care ecosystem, providing outstanding hearing care to everyone through research and innovation.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
As part of SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the Development function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another.
Hybrid – Jerusalem based.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resumes here.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the application process.