Technical Product Owner
We’re looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our team. You will work on a team that develops solutions to enable far-reaching next-generation mobile audiometry. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the world by developing innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions with an amazing (seriously, amazing) group of brilliant and passionate people.
Why we need you:
We are growing really fast, and we need more passionate, dedicated, awesome people to join our team and help us make a difference.
- Bring the technical perspective to the table while working closely with the Product Management team to align strategic product vision with a concrete implementation plan
- Communicate long term plans and roadmaps to stakeholders and Agile team
- Participate in product development progress reviews and demonstrate business value to stakeholders
- Serve as the voice of the stakeholders to the Agile team
- Analyze and distill requirements into concisely written acceptance criteria
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies by encouraging thoughtful discussion and informed decision making
- Manage and maintain a healthy, prioritized product backlog
- Advocate for continuous improvement of the Agile team’s development process and surrounding infrastructure
- Guide and support the agile development team as needed
- 2-5 years Product Owner experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to articulate written requirements clearly and concisely.
- Ability to break a strategic vision into incremental concrete deliverables.
- Solid understanding of the Agile software development process.
- Past work experience as a software developer.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ingrained desire to constantly learn and adapt.
- Located in or willing to relocate to the Ottawa region.
- Product Owner Certification
- Appreciation and understanding of good design
- Experience conducting user testing.
- Training in user experience principles, processes, and best practices.
- Past work experience with software as a service (SaaS) products.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the marketing function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Product Owner” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.