Senior Web Application Developer
We’re looking for an experienced Web Developer who is excited to make a real impact on the world by developing innovative mobile and web based medical solutions with an amazing group of brilliant and passionate people.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry, a division of Clearwater Clinical. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing Web and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Here’s some reasons why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries, and sound booths cost upwards of $20,000—each.
With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
This means that at SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a truly meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an Agile team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what mobile devices can do, and collaborating with developers who are super passionate about their craft.
Why we need you:
We are growing really fast, and we need more passionate, dedicated, awesome people to join our team and help us make a difference.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in requirements and design sprint sessions
- Drive architectural decisions forward
- Develop interfaces, algorithms and logic to display patient and organization data
- Collaborate with our incredible design and UX team to implement clean and simple user interfaces and delightful interactions
- Write code to interface with our HIPAA-Compliant Amazon cloud environment
- Develop automated regression tests for features of the app
- Be part of a motivated, tight-knit team who work hard and enjoy work/life balance even harder
- Take pride in developing a clean architecture and writing clean, maintainable, high quality code
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment where the features you build get into the hands of eager customers quickly
- UI development wizardry
- Strong understanding of architecture, design patterns and Web development
- Experience developing Web apps in React, Redux and functional programming
- Appreciation of unit testing
- Great leadership and communication skills
- Experience communicating with RESTful web services
- Knowledge of ES 6+
- Experience building multilingual applications
- Appreciation of good UX and design
Job Type: Full time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
Required education: Degree of study in Software Engineering, CS or related
Required experience: Min. 5 years of Web App development
Clearwater will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Web Developer” in the subject line. Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in Canada will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
(Clearwater Clinical/SHOEBOX Audiometry has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Clearwater at 613-728-6666 to discuss arrangements.)
We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. By replacing slow and expensive traditional approaches with mobile technology, we’re bringing healthcare products in the Audiology industry into the 21st century—making them easier to use, more affordable, and better than ever before.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes (often with beer, though sometimes with cookies), enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.