There are two ways to check what version you are running.
1. From with the App: - click Settings in the top left corner of the Home screen - click About - click Version
2. From the Apple App Store: - search the App Store for SHOEBOX Audiometry - click on the version of the app you are using (Standard, Pro, or QuickTest) - if it says Update then you are not running the most current version - if it says Open then your system is up to date
Transducers We recommend the following audiometric clean wipes: - for general cleaning, Audio-Wipes manufactured by Audiologist's Choice - for cleaning where there is a potential for exposure to infection contaminants, Accel PREVention wipes are a good choice
Take extra care to ensure the liquid does not come into contact with the center portion of the headphone as it can damage delicate internal components.
iPad Handle your iPad with care to maintain its appearance. If you're concerned about scratching or abrasion, you can use one of the many cases sold separately. To clean the iPad, unplug all cables and turn it off (press and hold the Sleep/Wake button, and then slide the onscreen slider). Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don't use window cleaners, household cleaners, compressed air, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, abrasives, or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide to clean iPad. It has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe the screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal usage, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and might scratch your screen.
- tap Settings in the top left of your screen - click WiFi - select your WiFi network from the list of available networks - enter your password if one is required - the network that you have joined will have a checkmark next to it - you will also know that you are connected to WiFi if you see the work iPad next to the WiFi symbol in the top left corner of your screen
First, be sure you are running the most current version of SHOEBOX Audiometry. Refer to the General section above for instructions.
Once you have verified that your software is up to date, and you have received your newly calibrated transducer(s), follow these steps to update the associated calibration files: - if you are not already logged into SHOEBOX, do this now - on the home screen, tap Settings in the top left - select Transducers - delete all enabled and disabled transducers - click the cloud icon to 'scan barcode' or 'enter code manually'
Your new transducer(s) will now be listed in the Active Transducers section.
- look for any physical damage to the transducer, including cables and jacks - unplug transducer from the jack and plug it back in - wiggle the cord and test again - try plugging the transducer into another device such as a cell phone - try plugging a different transducer into the iPad (earbuds for example) - if the crackling noise persists, contact us at email@example.com
- look for any physical damage to the transducer, including cables and jacks - try testing the transducer at multiple frequencies - ensure that the iPad is not on mute. Close or force quit the app completely (see the General section for details on how to do this) then reopen it and test again. If the volume settings are changed on the iPad this could impact SHOEBOX. - unplug transducer from the jack and plug it back in - wiggle the cord and test again try plugging the transducer into another device such as a cell phone - try plugging a different transducer into the iPad (earbuds for example) - if the problem persists, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact us at email@example.com to release license activation - once this is done, enter your username and password to login - force quit the app (see the General section for instruction on how to do this) - re-open the SHOEBOX app
This indicates an issue with your internet connection. You have data on the iPad that has not been backed up to the Web Portal. Once you have re-established your internet connection, the app will automatically sync to the portal.
- ensure that you are running the most current version of SHOEBOX Audiometry (see the General section for more information on this) - check that you have enabled Web Portal backup. You can do this by navigating to Settings/General/Web Portal Backup/Enable Web Portal Backup - check to ensure that your license is still valid. You can do this by navigating to Settings/Profile. At the bottom of the Profile page, you should see a Pro or Standard license (depending on the version you are using). If you see Unavailable, Expired, or Invalid displayed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report a license issue - try opening Safari and searching for something (www.shoebox.md for example). This will confirm if you have an internet connection or not. If you do not, re-establish your connection (see the General section for more details). Once you do, the app will automatically sync to the Web Portal
You can access QuickTest settings one of two ways:
Through the app: - with two fingers, swipe across the home screen from left to right - enter the passcode - the gear icon will become visible in the top left corner of the screen - click Settings
Through the Web Portal: - login to https://portal.shoebox.md - if you change any settings in the portal, be sure to fully force quit the app (double click the iPad home button and swipe the app up) - re-open the app to allow a sync to occur
- first, select the patient whose results you wish to print - scroll to the bottom of the page - under the Documents tab, you will see a list of audiograms - find the audiogram you would like to print - once you click on it, a PDF will be downloaded to your computer - open the PDF and click on the printer icon in the top right to Print
- go to the Web Portal at https://portal.shoebox.mf - login with your SHOEBOX username and password - click on the patient whose previous audiogram you wish to upload - scroll halfway down the page - click the New Audiogram button
Once you have uploaded the patient's previous audiogram, you can use it to set a baseline that you compare future test performed with SHOEBOX against.
For more information, visit the Data Management Support page at https://www.shoebox.md/support/shoebox-data-management/ and download the User Manual. Refer to page 13.